The major new feature in this release is templates. A template can be used to specialize a workspace to make the creating and editing of workspaces easier. Templates are managed from the Admin tool. For more information see https://epsis.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/14000075817-templates.
- Support for opening Skype for business call windows has been added
- Added support for launching specialized workspaces
- Workspaces that include google chrome are now opened properly when the URL is wrapped in quotes
- Issue where PowerPoint presentation mode window was not caught by TeamBox has been fixed
- A bug where the Publisher context menu generated items for each click has been fixed
- Build 3466: improved workflow execution logging
This release contains major changes to the terminology of the application:
- Workflow is now "Info Module"
- Step is now "Info Display"
- Workspace is now "Info Element"
- Resources is now "Building Blocks"
- New look and feel / graphical user interface.
- Theme support - Two different themes supported: dark and light.
- Tutorial - A tutorial is shown on startup. This feature can be disabled by clicking "Do not show again", but if you need it again it is located in the menu bars help section.
- Menu bar with shortcuts to the most common tasks.
- Shortcuts - See user manual for complete overview of supported shortcuts.
- Notification of changed info modules - When an info module has been moved, changed or deleted and you try to save or reload data you'll be notified about the changes so that you don't accidentally overwrite these changes.
- Single instance - It's no longer possible to have multiple windows of Epsis Composer open at the same time.
- Notification of lost connection - When Epsis Composer loses connection to Epsis Data Service a notification and a retry button appears.
- Template support - Epsis Composer now supports templates, and they can be modified and added as info elements. The templates are created in the Epsis TeamBox Admin tool. Check out the templates document for more information.
- New loading screen with possibility to retry if it fails to connect to Epsis Data Service.
- Icons on info elements - Icons will change depending on their content details. For instance, an info element that executes a URL will now get a browser icon.
- Filter - The filter (search) functionality on both info modules and building blocks has been improved. If name on info modules or info display contains the search term it will be highlighted.
- Canvas layout button - It will scroll the canvas to top left corner in addition to move the nodes in an ordered way.
- Duplicates - If multiple info modules contain info displays or info elements that are identical they will be merged into one element in the building block list.
- Scaling - Will now affect the content of info display nodes as well as the canvas.
- Move info element - When you move an info element from one info display to another you can instantly change the position of the info element inside the info display list.
- Info element sorting - A ghost is visible in the list of info elements inside an info display. The ghost indicates the position of the info elements when dropped. It is now also possible to pick the position of the Info Element when dropping it in a different Info Display.
- Tooltips - Increased the amount and added more details to the tooltips.
- New settings for startup behavior:
- Select my last info module - when enabled, the application remembers the last module that was edited and opens it on startup.
- Restore window position - when enabled, the application remembers the window position and restores it on startup. When disabled, the application will open maximized on the primary screen.
- A list of third party licenses can be found by clicking "Third party software" under the help section of the menu bar.
- "Created by me" sorting method added that will only display building blocks/info modules that has been created by the user.
- An about dialog has been added and can be opened by clicking "About" under the help section of the menu bar.
- Logging - the application now uses a rolling log system that can be configured in the config file.
- SharePoint Info Element support has been added.
- Building block updates - When you delete an info module, the building blocks panel will update.
- Keep info module open when deleting another - When you delete an info module (other than the one opened in canvas), it will remember and keep it open the info module you were working on.
- Info display and info element name extensions - Dropping a file or folder onto canvas creates name without extension, i.e. dropping "Test.docx" will create an info element with the name "Test".
- Build 3140: fixed a serious memory leak that could result in Data Service crashing
- Templates can now be created and edited from the Admin tool